My name is Linsey and I love crime fiction.
The rebel in me likes to see rules broken, and the mother in me feels a need to see order restored - perhaps it’s a Freudian thing. I love the dark introspection of Scandinavian crime fiction; the beauty and cruelty of the Italian giallo and a nice big slice of US hard-boiled psychological thriller.
As soon as I decide where I’m going on holiday, I’ll find a fictional detective who lives there – yes, I want to see the sites, but I also want to read the underbelly. That’s what’s so great about crime fiction.
I’m a freelance writer, based in Manchester England; a city with a few crime writers of its own. If you’re planning a holiday here, look up Cath Staincliffe, Val McDermid, Chris Simms, Bill Rogers and others.
And if you need a writer, take a look at my website – but I’m not showing you my underbelly.
Posts by Linsey Parkinson:
- 26 September 2014 Dark Road – Ian Rankin & Mark Thomson
- 19 September 2014 Cop Town – Karin Slaughter
- 12 September 2014 Crime fiction blogs worth investigating (part 9)
- 26 August 2014 Crime fiction blogs worth investigating (part 8)
- 1 August 2014 Abbatoir Blues – Peter Robinson
- 28 July 2014 Watch Me – James Carol
- 25 July 2014 Lawless – Jessie Keane
- 21 July 2014 The Last Town – Blake Crouch