Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 29 January 2015 The Girl in the Red Coat – Kate Hamer
- 17 January 2015 Dead Connection – Alafair Burke
- 6 January 2015 The ABC Murders – Agatha Christie
- 4 January 2015 The Lynchpin – Jeffrey B. Burton
- 19 December 2014 Interview with Hervé Le Corre (author of ‘Talking to Ghosts’)
- 19 December 2014 Interview with Peter Swanson, author of ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- 15 December 2014 Dry Bones in the Valley – Tom Bouman
- 15 December 2014 The Kind Worth Killing – Peter Swanson