Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 2 April 2015 The Killing of Bobbi Lomax – Cal Moriarty
- 29 March 2015 Arab Jazz – Karim Miské
- 27 March 2015 Past Crimes – Glen Erik Hamilton
- 16 March 2015 A Good Place to Die – James Buchan
- 9 March 2015 Interview with Kate Hamer (author of ‘The Girl in the Red Coat’)
- 5 March 2015 White Crocodile – K. T. Medina
- 23 February 2015 Kolymsky Heights – Lionel Davidson
- 7 February 2015 A Killing Winter – Tom Callaghan