Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 19 December 2014 Interview with Peter Swanson, author of ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- 15 December 2014 Dry Bones in the Valley – Tom Bouman
- 15 December 2014 The Kind Worth Killing – Peter Swanson
- 24 November 2014 The Missing File – Dror A. Mishani
- 13 November 2014 Talking to Ghosts – Hervé Le Corre
- 31 October 2014 Barcelona Shadows – Marc Pastor
- 10 October 2014 Loser’s Corner – Antonin Varenne
- 24 September 2014 Eleven days – Stav Sherez