Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 10 October 2014 Loser’s Corner – Antonin Varenne
- 24 September 2014 Eleven days – Stav Sherez
- 6 September 2014 Sun on Fire – Viktor Arnar Ingolfsson
- 16 June 2014 That Night – Chevy Stevens
- 23 April 2014 Death on a Galician shore – Domingo Villar
- 18 April 2014 Inspector Singh Investigates: A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder – Shamini Flint
- 20 February 2014 Interview with Imogen Robertson (author of the Westerman – Crowther series)