Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 28 April 2018 The Gradual Disappearance of Jane Ashland – Nicolai Houm
- 26 March 2018 All the Beautiful Lies – Peter Swanson
- 27 February 2018 Conviction – Julia Dahl
- 6 February 2018 The Execution of Justice – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- 24 January 2018 The Wife – Alafair Burke
- 17 January 2018 Interview with Tim Baker, author of ‘City Without Stars’
- 13 December 2017 This Is How It Ends – Eva Dolan
- 23 November 2017 The Master Key – Masako Togawa