Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 23 November 2017 The Master Key – Masako Togawa
- 6 November 2017 Nine Lessons – Nicola Upson
- 11 October 2017 Sleep No More – P.D. James
- 30 August 2017 Resurrection Bay – Emma Viskic
- 28 August 2017 Every Day Above Ground – Glen Erik Hamilton
- 22 July 2017 Down for the Count – Martin Holmén
- 20 July 2017 Fateful Mornings – Tom Bouman
- 10 July 2017 The Last Place You Look – Kristen Lepionka