Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 20 July 2017 Fateful Mornings – Tom Bouman
- 10 July 2017 The Last Place You Look – Kristen Lepionka
- 25 April 2017 The Judge and his Hangman – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- 5 April 2017 The Contract – JM Gulvin
- 3 March 2017 Say Nothing – Brad Parks
- 27 February 2017 The Bird Tribunal – Agnes Ravatn
- 11 February 2017 The Pledge – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- 23 January 2017 Her Every Fear – Peter Swanson