Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 11 February 2017 The Pledge – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- 23 January 2017 Her Every Fear – Peter Swanson
- 9 November 2016 Crash Land – Doug Johnstone
- 29 September 2016 Interview with Ayelet Gundar-Goshen, author of ‘Waking Lions’
- 10 September 2016 Waking Lions – Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
- 3 September 2016 The Wicked Go To Hell – Frédéric Dard
- 22 July 2016 Interview with Derek B. Miller, author of ‘The Girl in Green’
- 16 July 2016 The Girl in Green – Derek B. Miller