Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 2 July 2016 Clinch – Martin Holmén
- 26 May 2016 Killer Nashville Writers’ Conference Announces Scholarship Opportunities
- 12 May 2016 The Long Count – JM Gulvin
- 8 April 2016 Interview with Glen Erik Hamilton, author of ‘Hard Cold Winter’
- 7 April 2016 Hard Cold Winter – Glen Erik Hamilton
- 20 March 2016 Tregunna – Carla Vermaat
- 8 March 2016 Interview with CHRIS PAVONE (author of ‘The Travelers’)
- 8 March 2016 The Travelers – Chris Pavone