Nicola Mira is a literary translator from Italian to English and vice versa. He lives in London and is a member of the Emerging Translators Network and English PEN.
He began his translating career after half a lifetime in marketing (cosmetics and fashion) and has recently worked on a semi-autobiographical novella by G. D’Annunzio, ‘Licenza’.
His passion for crime fiction dates back to his youth, and now his goal is reading crime fiction authors from every country in the world.
He doesn’t have a favourite genre, what’s most important is the quality of the writing, though the crime author who tops his personal ranking – and not just in crime fiction - is Georges Simenon.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 22 July 2017 Down for the Count – Martin Holmén
- 20 July 2017 Fateful Mornings – Tom Bouman
- 10 July 2017 The Last Place You Look – Kristen Lepionka
- 25 April 2017 The Judge and his Hangman – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- 5 April 2017 The Contract – JM Gulvin
- 3 March 2017 Say Nothing – Brad Parks
- 27 February 2017 The Bird Tribunal – Agnes Ravatn
- 11 February 2017 The Pledge – Friedrich Dürrenmatt