Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 8 January 2019 Run You Down – Julia Dahl
- 10 December 2018 A Treat for the Festive Season: Win Martin Holmén’s Stockholm Trilogy!
- 28 November 2018 Slugger – Martin Holmén
- 9 November 2018 Celia Fremlin – The Long Shadow
- 25 October 2018 Vanish in an Instant – Margaret Millar
- 20 August 2018 And Fire Came Down – Emma Viskic
- 13 July 2018 Cold Desert Sky – Rod Reynolds
- 4 June 2018 Only Killers and Thieves – Paul Howarth