Nicola Mira is a translator from Italian and French, specialised in journalism and non-fiction texts.
Educated in the UK (BA Politics & Economics, St. Edmund Hall, Oxford), he has lived and worked in Italy, France and the UK. He currently lives in Cambridge.
He has a Diploma in Translation (Italian to English) from the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is a member of the Society of Authors/Translators Association and English PEN.
He translates texts from a range of industries, with fashion journalism his main focus. You can view his fashion translations on FashionNetwork.com.
He has contributed to ‘In Other Words’, the journal of the British Centre for Literary Translation, and to London literary magazine Litro, where he also published a translation of an excerpt from Italian early XXth century author Gabriele D’Annunzio.
When he is not translating, Nicola loves reading, writing and sports. He is the managing editor of sports statistics website Greatest Sporting Nation.
Posts by nicolamira:
- 17 July 2019 The Stories You Tell – Kristen Lepionka
- 9 July 2019 A Stranger in My Grave – Margaret Millar
- 5 June 2019 Joe Country – Mick Herron
- 1 May 2019 Rafael Bernal – The Mongolian Conspiracy
- 8 April 2019 A Good Enough Mother – Bev Thomas
- 13 March 2019 Before She Knew Him – Peter Swanson
- 8 January 2019 Run You Down – Julia Dahl
- 10 December 2018 A Treat for the Festive Season: Win Martin Holmén’s Stockholm Trilogy!